Re: Job Market: More Openings for Marcom than Tech-Writing?

Subject: Re: Job Market: More Openings for Marcom than Tech-Writing?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 16:07:46 -0700

Gordon Graham wrote:

> I've been suggested to tech writers for *years* now that it is quite
> realistic easy to make a full- or part-time transition to marcom writing, if
> you want to. To me, a dash of marcom can be the spice that keeps a steady
> diet of tech writing palatable. And can make a writer more versatile and
> more marketable at times like this.

Hey, everybody, listen to Darth Gordon: it was his class and his example that
brought me over to the Dark Side (not that I'd want him to take responsibility
for creating me; I like to say that I'm a self-made man - thereby showing the
dangers of unskilled labor, but that's another story).

"Work and work, you won't get cold
Sleep in your boots. don't get old
Stand on your own feet, ready or not
It's friendly fire...but you still get shot."
-OysterBand, "On the Edge

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/