RE: PDF documents are gobble-de-gook when printing

Subject: RE: PDF documents are gobble-de-gook when printing
From: "Bulloch, Scott" <scott -dot- bulloch -at- sap -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:13:39 +0200

Anne,

We had a similar problem at our office, with a little bit of a twist. Some
of us upgraded to Win2K. Any time we tried to print a PDF to our Oce
printer, we would get garbage characters in place of most of the text. In
the past (with WinNT), we'd always used the standard printer driver for that
printer without any problems.

After trying a number of solutions, we finally figured out that we had to
use the Postscript driver for that particular printer. Other printers in our
area never had any problems with PDF files, but that one did. You may want
to check the printer driver on your coworkers' machines, and either see
install a Postscript driver, or update the driver.

Scott Bulloch
Technical Editor/Information Developer
SAP Labs, Inc.
3475 Deer Creek Rd.