FW: What tools to use: Single Sourcing: Robohelp vs. FrameMaker

Subject: FW: What tools to use: Single Sourcing: Robohelp vs. FrameMaker
From: "Rajeshwari Godbole" <rgodbole -at- oakgroup -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:54:36 -0400

Hi,

I'm sorry if I did not provide more information. Thanks to Samantha
Alper who sent me a list of things I need to include. So here it is
(I've joined here only two weeks ago so I still am not sure of a lot of
things):

* Platform: Windows 2000
* Budget: I'm told there isn't really one..
* Product still under development.. will be a Java web based product
* No source control in place for documentation so far..
* I'm the only doc person in the company
* The only reviews are done by my manager (who is also the IT manager)

and a couple of developers (the IT team has about 8 people -- it is a
small company)
* Users of our application are mostly on Windows but are also on other
platforms like Unix

My manager interviewed about 20 people for this job and she says that 15
of them said Robohelp was the ideal tool to use for printed, online and
context sensitive help. Needless to say, she is really inclined towards
using Robohelp but I'm not so sure because a) I've never used Robohelp
and b) Robohelp uses Word for printed docs.

I'm going through the archives right now but still haven't found a
Robohelp vs. Frame discussion (I've to prepare a business case doc
comparing these tools) :(

Thanks for your time,

Regards,

Raj