RE: Description of Databases

Subject: RE: Description of Databases
From: "Field, Kristin" <KField -at- LSAC -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:56:56 -0400

I used to use Visio in a position I had about 2 years ago. I cannot recall
what version I used, but I could have Visio construct the table
relationships for me automatically. There is a wizard that connects to the
database and returns all tables along with primary keys, foreign keys, etc
and already has connectors to the other tables. It was somewhat cumbersome
when working on a database with hundreds of tables like you are using, but
once I developed my breakdown strategy, it was a lot easier to run the
wizard and section off the pieces I wanted onto separate pages then to build
the whole thing a table at time.

I don't currently have Visio where I am, otherwise I would give you the
information about how to get started. Without the application in front of
me, I'm afraid my memory is lacking a bit.

Kristin D. Field
Technical Communicator/Proofreader
Law School Admission Council
215.968.1141