Re: Unusual resumes

Subject: Re: Unusual resumes
From: David Castro <thetechwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 03:41:43 -0700 (PDT)

> I have been asked to evalute some tech writer resumes forwarded for a
> contract position open in another department. Most contain the usual
> information: company name, dates of employment, etc. But a few, all from the
> same agency, do not contain any specific company names or employment
> history. Rather, they say something like, "Software manuals, Major National
> Bank" and "Internet developement, Major Human Resources Firm". This
> information is followed by a description of the tasks performed.

I seem to recall either reading on this list, or being told by a colleague,
that some companies will not allow you to divulge that you worked for them for
some set period of time (2 years, IIRC). It may be that these people are bound
by these agreements. Then again, maybe not.

-David Castro
email -at- davidcastro -dot- com
http://www.davidcastro.com