Re: How many worthless stock options do yo

Subject: Re: How many worthless stock options do yo
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:50:33 -0700 (PDT)

david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com writes:
>Maggie said:
>
>|It's an opportunity to spend your own money to fund their company which
>pays >you your money, to... It isn't money. I'd just as soon go to Vegas.
>
>Here in Austin, back during the dot com boom, stores would take stock
>options. It was nuts.

What was *really* nuts was that at least in the SF Bay area, some
mortgage companies structured mortgages that counted people's
stock options as if cashing them were part of their regular income.
When the stocks came crashing down, not only were the people's
"savings" gone, but they didn't even have enough monthly
income to cover their mortgage payments.

Janice Gelb | The only connection Sun has with
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | this message is the return address.
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/index.html