RE: Companies using XML tools: My intentions

Subject: RE: Companies using XML tools: My intentions
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:07:06 -0700 (PDT)

I had the thought when I read it that the information you asked for
is proprietary information. It can be used by one competitor as an
unfair advantage. To be honest, using an anonymous email address
doesn't help matters. In real life, we like to see people's eyes when
we speak to them, and in email, we like to know to who we are
writing. This is not an issue when giving advice. However, giving
competitive information makes it a different matter.

Perhaps if you'd said it was OK to change the names to protect the
innocent right upfront, that might have helped, though it wouldn't
have in my mind.

> issue. I'm even offering up the list that I come up with to anyone
> who asks for it.

That's just the point. Not every person, esspecialy in marketing or
cusstomer suppot wants their name to appear on the list going to
other vendors. If I'm Vendor A and I have a product that I thiink is
better/cheapeer than Vendor B, then the first thing I'm going to do
is send my bloodhounds (sales) to Vendor B to start working on
stealing the business.

It just wasn't an appropriate question.

Sorry...you asked.

=====