Re: Using the STOP methodology

Subject: Re: Using the STOP methodology
From: "Dan Roberts" <droberts63 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:42:46 -0400

I could (and probably am) misunderstanding a lot of things here, but couldn't
either of these two types of documentation make use of the same, effective
transitions, and aviod the worse?

Isnt part of the current thought about online documentation that the writer has
to present the topics in a way that will lead the reader to the next best topic?

or is there a bigger distinction that you see between transition types, than
between these two examples:
"For more information about downloading the file to your computer, see
"Downloading the file to my computer" (on page xx <for print>).".
"For more information about downloading the file to your computer, see below."