ADMIN: Update, status, etc.

Subject: ADMIN: Update, status, etc.
From: TECHWR-L Administrators <admin -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 05:43:43 -0600 (MDT)

All,

As we said yesterday on the TECHWR-L Site in
the Whirler (http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/whirler.html),
we would like to express our deepest sympathies and
support to those affected by the September 11th
terrorist attack.

We temporarily bent the standing policy to keep
topics, with hopes that allowing some discussion about
these horrific events would provide the TECHWR-L community
with a familiar place to share, express concern, and
send support. TECHWR-L is a worldwide community, with
people subscribing to the list from more than 50
countries and visiting the site from more than 75
countries. We are not surprised to see the outpouring
of support that TECHWR-Lers--from the US and abroad--have
offered, and we hope that sharing through TECHWR-L has perhaps
helped in some way.

That said, it is now time to return to the topic of
technical communication, to cease all discussions of
this tragedy on list, and to refrain from reopening
these discussions on list--even in the context of
posting more news or followup comments. Please note
that, given yesterday's change in tone from supportive
to harsh, there will be _no_ further tolerance for
discussions of current events.

Thanks to all for your expressions of concern.
We (and family, and friends as far as we
can tell) are fine--as much so as possible, that is.

Take care,
Eric and Deborah

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/
Eric -- Listowner Deborah -- Webmaster/Editor