Re: Include the world....

Subject: Re: Include the world....
From: CC <texchanchan -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:21:37 -0700 (PDT)

Re,
> ...Americans should all perhaps take a step
> back and wonder what it is
> that attracts the ire of many in the world.

Size, power, and good fortune make natural targets.

People generally assume that someone more powerful,
richer, or even just better-looking is proportionately
conceited and disdainful of everybody else. This is
not necessarily true.

Attack, from satire to violence, is a way of saying,
"You think you're so perfect --well, look here, no
you're not." I know I've thought about how nice it
would be if "those people" (some elite or other) got
shoved off their high horse.

Cartoons of little boys knocking off a rich old man's
top-hat with a snowball show the same emotional
dynamic. Something in the human heart is gratified
when the great are brought low.

There's no strategy in the Sept. 11 attack, but only
childishness, which carried out at that scale becomes
demonic.

C Crowley