OT - To all

Subject: OT - To all
From: <vanessa -dot- noel -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:59:54 -0700

I haven't posted much if at all to this list over the past few days (and I
rarely do anyway). Nonetheless, I've found comfort in being connected to
real people, like myself, through this list. I am a telecommuter, so I don't
have the opportunity to stand around the water cooler or anywhere else to
express my feelings or hear others do the same. I do have 24 hour access to
cable television which is not always a good thing. Through the lists (yes, I
subscribe to OTHERS too) I have gained a broader point of view from people
around the country and the world. Not every message mirrors my feelings, but
it does describe others feeling and I value all of your perspectives.

I know we all need to go on, but it is too early for some of us. Others are
resilient enough to be past all of this and I suppose it is hurtful for you
to keep hearing about it. Some people just don't get it when it comes to
forwarding hoaxes and chain letters. I have several friends and family
members that continue to send these types of things no matter how many times
I point them toward hoax busting websites. I have found patience for them,
and for other well-meaning individuals who do the same. I am disheartened to
see a few lashing out in anger towards each other here. Maybe that is just
another step in the process for some. I am definitely not trying to offend
anyone and please don't take any offense. I would like everyone to know that
this list has helped me get to where I am in my process of sorting this all
out.

Thank you all-
Vanessa Flint
Technical Publications