RE: Enough

Subject: RE: Enough
From: Wade Courtney <wade -dot- courtney -at- nocpulse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 15:15:45 -0700

All,

In these times of horrendous actions by fanatic groups of people, it is easy
to loose sight of what this all means to us. What happened Tuesday was an
event of shock and great sadness to all of us. It is ok to be angry, but
the way we show our anger is another thing. I myself am a Persian Gulf War
veteran who was in the Persian Gulf War the day that Iraq invaded Kuwait.
Along with that, my ship was the last to visit Kuwait prior to the invasion
and we were the first to fire the first shots of the conflict. I was angry
then.

Tuesday it was very hard for me to leave my kids at daycare, I cried when I
dropped off my daughter. I am angry now. The sanctity of American Soil has
been broken forever.

Now is not the time for petty bickering. It is the time for thinking about
the children who have lost their fathers and
mothers in this terrible tragedy. It is the time to come together and unite
as one country. It is not the time for idle threats from one list member to
another. There is enough anger in the world already, must we let it seep
into the professionalism that we have come to expect from people on this
list. Now is not the time to express selfishness for what one has done or
not done. This pettiness ensures that the hate in the world will be
perpetuated.

Wade