Re: WTC implications low for TWs

Subject: Re: WTC implications low for TWs
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:37:14 -0500

Thank you for expressing something which I'm sure many of us have been thinking.
There are many people in this country who are originally from the Middle East,
or who may look to someone like they are from the Middle East. These people work
in many professions and subscribe to many different political and religious
beliefs. They share one thing--they had no part in the horrific attacks on New
York and Washington yesterday.

You are right to say that we should stand up for co-worker--indeed for anyone
who needs it. I am sickened by the reports of hate mail being directed toward
people of Middle Eastern descent, or who practice the Moslem religion. Hate
begets hate. We can't let that drive us.

Thank you, Eric, for letting us work out some of our shock and grief as a
community on this list.

Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer
TCF National Bank
Minneapolis, Minnesota
jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com

Weakness Through Strength

Fanatics may defend a point of view
so strongly as to prove it can't be true.

Piet Hein

CC wrote: <snip>