RE: API Questions

Subject: RE: API Questions
From: David Price <price -at- ontos -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:14:56 -0400

About the Javadocs: you've basically got three choices with respect to the
columns, none pleasant. 1) Search/replace all the generated HTML files every
time you generate Javadoc -- look in the HTML and figure out what needs to
be changed (e.g., change TD widths from 20% to 10%, or whatever); 2) do some
Java programming (better yet, get somebody else to do it) -- you'd need to
change the standard doclet, either subclassing the appropriate classes (I
think this stuff is in the HtmlWriter class) and then overriding methods, or
copying the whole standard doclet and creating your own version. See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/javadoc/overview.html and
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/javadoc/standard-doclet.html for
details) 3) Use an HTML editor to manually rework the docs (again, you'd
have to do this every time you generated).

Or you could just live with it...[ding ding ding]

- David