RE: Word Usage

Subject: RE: Word Usage
From: "Bacheler, Harry ." <HBacheler -at- seta -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 15:23:29 -0400

Roger, et al

My version of the "Gregg Reference Manual, Ninth Edition" states

Page 182

affect - to influence; to change; to assume

effect - (n) result; impression; (v) to bring about

Page 283

Affect-effect.

Affect is normally used as a verb meaning "to influence, change,
assume"
Effect can be either a verb meaning to "to bring about" or a noun
meaning "result, impression"
----
Started before I receive the first response to your question