resources for writing technical specs

Subject: resources for writing technical specs
From: "Kim Forbes" <kim_portonova -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 13:39:37 +0000

Hello,

I've looked through the archives and the books section of the TECHWR website, but I haven't found what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for books or examples of really good technical specifications. We have decided to write functional specs for our products before we design them (finally!), but we have never done that before.

I searched on amazon, but couldn't find any good books about writing good functional specs. I searched Yahoo, but I couldn't find any complete, good examples of what functional specs should look like.

Anyone have any ideas?

Technical Writer

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: