Re: Acronyms on the list (answer to perplexing riddle)

Subject: Re: Acronyms on the list (answer to perplexing riddle)
From: "Laura A Mac Lemale" <lmaclemale -at- paychex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:16:05 -0400

Hello,

Sean wrote, "However someone used BOE, and I must admit it's got me perplexed?

{oh god, yes tell them...as you wrote that you had an idea of what it could
be, because you actually reflected and thought about it...}

...unless it means Beginning of Entry?"

Um...that was me...(looking around sheepishly). BOE means "based on experience." I intentionally chose that acronym because I thought it would be recognizable to our audience. It appears regularly in job advertisements, even on our own Techwr-L job daily mailing. Granted, the context _was_ a bit different....

Apologies for any confusion about this particular acronym. (Hey, maybe we could coin a new one right here..."AFACATPA".) (smiling weakly....crickets chirping)

Anyway, sorry 'bout that, and have a good day. (sheepishly looking at shoes, emitting proper air of contrition).

Regards,
Laura

Laura MacLemale
Technical Writer, EDV