RE: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?

Subject: RE: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:52:45 -0700

Tracy Boyington wrote:

| I feel the same way you do about That Particular Editor, but it
| does have collaborative features that your project lead may want
| to use. Normally I'd say "learn to live with it," but IME That
| Particular Editor that it can actually make your work more
| difficult, so I see no reason to use it if you don't absolutely
| have to. I would go ahead and code in notepad or whatever, and
| then copy and paste your entire document into the other software
| when you're finished. That way, you get to work in your tool,
| they get to have the finished product in their tool, and everyone
| is happy.

I doubt it.

Two points:

1) I intensely dislike That Particular Editor.

2) As a project manager, I will choose the tools to be used by members of
the project team. Team members who try to "get away with" using some
alternate tool will not be on the team for very long.

I hate to be blunt, but there it is.

David Knopf (mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com)
Knopf Online (http://www.knopf.com)
Tel: 415.550.8367

RoboHelp MVP & Certified RoboHelp Instructor
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
Member, Sun's JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Member, eHelp's RoboHelp Community Advisory Board
Co-moderator, HATT & wwp-users