RE: Quarbon- Viewlet Builder

Subject: RE: Quarbon- Viewlet Builder
From: "David Demyan" <dbdemyan -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:08:30 -0400

Suzanne,

You must have missed my response to Craig Branham just last
Wednesday. He asked almost the same question. Here is my
response, plus an answer about the viewer.

Dave Demyan
Mendem Concord, Inc.
http://www.mendem.com

> Craig, I have been happy with the viewlets I built with an
> earlier version of Qarbon's ViewletBuilder. I didn't use the
> Pro version, so I got advertising banners across the top. If
> you would like to see the results on my web site, go to:
>
> http://www.mendem.com
>
> and select FrameMaker Tutorials. They have gotten some good
> feedback from users.

And, Suzanne asked:
> But what I don't know is what viewer is needed to
> launch the final compiled product, and can Viewlet Builder
> material easily integrate with a web site or HTML content?

ViewletBuilder produces a neat, small Java Applet that gets
downloaded to the user whenever the Viewlet is requested
(by clicking a link on a web page). The applet is one-
time use and gets displayed right in Netscape or Internet
Explorer (as long as the browser has a valid JVM [Java
Virtual Machine]). This works quite nicely and downloads
quickly over any decent dial-up connection. Of course, it
loads much more quickly over a LAN or high-speed Internet
connection.

Dave.