Re: document title usability

Subject: Re: document title usability
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:52:51 -0400

Becca,

When I've worked in organizations where unreasonable fiats come from on
high (I've never owned a Fiat, but I understand they are all
unreasonable), I've found that it is sometimes possible to comply
without complying.

In your situation, I think a typographic workaround would be
appropriate. For example the common information that "they" want up
front could be treated as a slug and the differential information could
be larger, bolder, and in a more prominent color. The titles would meet
their requirements and show up that way in an alphabetic catalog, but
visually the emphasis would be on the important stuff.

Dick