RE: Tracking revisions in online help?

Subject: RE: Tracking revisions in online help?
From: david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:23:22 -0500

I've gotten revision annotation to work for my RH files. The solution is
completely HTML-based. The annotations are not automatic. I only have to do
this relative to the next editorial and legal review. I'm not going to keep
changes forever. The annotations could match what MS Word does, but I'm just
changing the background color, and using strikethroughs for deletions.

You need a block search and replace tool that will delete all those tags
after a release, so you can keep track of your next batch of changes. I
tried to use pre and post review tags, but the post review tags blew up
RH/IE. And, changing the strikethroughs to not rendered caused problems in
the source. Use the comment tag, instead of display=none.

No, change bars don't work yet. That will require some JavaScript. It would
be easy if I could use a table. Maybe I'll do that.

David