RE: Professional respect

Subject: RE: Professional respect
From: "Meena S" <meena -at- thinkbn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:59:55 +0530

Maggie Secara says: " the complaint was not about getting respect
for the poor pitiful tech writer, but for documentation's place in the
cosmic scheme of things. But as someone said, the developers' opinion is
probably not the one you need to care about, as long as they come through
with reviews and information as necessary. I'll bet Sales, and your boss,
knows what a
difference it makes to provide proper documentation with the package."

That's nicely put, Maggie- In fact, I am really trying to push documentation
and good writing and not trying to promote myself as a good writer (hey, I
thought everyone knew that !! ;-) And yes, I do identify with Sales and my
boss understanding my role perfectly. They were the first people who
encouraged me to make changes to the case-study documents and to white
papers and articles written by the techies ! (Not that the techies were
really enthused about THAT!!)

-Meena
TECHNICAL WRITER
Think Business Networks