RE: Database > Formatted HTML files?

Subject: RE: Database > Formatted HTML files?
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:00:20 -0600

What sort of translation are you referring to? Translation into HTML or
translation into another language?

If you are talking about translating into other languages, the tools of
that trade (like TRADOS) have an underlying database that the translator
uses. For most of what they do, they aren't really even aware of the
underlying database structure. You won't have to worry about it except
to request this translation memory file from translators, keep it on
hand & safe, and provide it to translators for new versions.

RoboHTML is a database or uses one underneath, I believe. It's how it
can so quickly output to many different formats. So, you won't have to
worry about translating into HTML, because it is practically done for
you at the get go.

If you are worried about both getting things into HTML and into other
languages, it is still possible without stressing too much about
underlying databases.

Glenn Maxey
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
Tel. +1 303.223.5164
Fax. +1 303.223.5275
glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com