RE: Browser limitations

Subject: RE: Browser limitations
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:57:11 -0400

Try www.browserwatch.com - the closest thing I've come across ...

John Garison
Documentation Manager
IDe
150 Baker Avenue Extension
Concord, MA 01742

Voice: 978-402-2907
Fax: 978-318-9376
http://www.ide.com

-----Original Message-----
From: David Berg [mailto:dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 10:25 AM
To: TECHWR-L
Subject: Browser limitations

Can anyone point me to a source with concise information on the abilities
and limitations of various browsers?

I'm looking for information on Internet Explorer vs. Netscape vs. Opera vs.
WebTV vs. BrowserMadeInSteve'sGarage. I'd also like to find what general
abilities (e.g. frames, nested tables, Java, etc.) were included in
different versions of each browser. I'd also like to have an idea what the
capabilities are for browsers designed for disabled users, such as for the
blind.

Hey, while you're at it, throw in limitations for Palm, WAP, and other
Internet "appliances" as well.

Is there a decent place that summarizes all of this?

David Berg