RE: Respect

Subject: RE: Respect
From: "Dugas, Andrew" <ADugas -at- eTranslate -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:28:58 -0700

I agree with Bruce on this one. Once you've shown you can walk the walk and
talk the talk, I found that engineers give at least grudging respect.

In other situations, where I have had to ramp up on an unfamiliar
technology, I've always found that engineers responded well to MY child-like
curiosity and fascination with what THEY'RE doing, which implies my respect
for them.

It also helps to sit at their lunch table and join in their reindeer games
(b-ball, fussball, nerf gun fights, etc.).