Anthro Adjusta-Carts

Subject: Anthro Adjusta-Carts
From: Kelley <kwalker2 -at- gte -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:49:27 -0400

Has anyone used the Anthro line of computer furniture--the Adjusta-Cart in particular? The price tag is steep for home office, especially after you start adding in all the accessories that seem indispensable (and seductively nifty). Still, it seems worth it, particularly since I _really_ like the idea of an adjustable desk that will allow me to sit or stand in order to work. I also _really_ like what appears to be an adjustable monitor shelf, keyboard shelf, and what I'm hoping is an adjustable mouse holder/arm support.

Like many of us in this business, I am starting to feel the effects of a poorly designed workstation and desk. The Anthro line looks like it might be what I need, but when it comes to ergonomic design I'm both clueless and deeply suspicious of snake oil.

Does anyone know of alternatives to Anthro's Adjusta-Cart? Does the design relieve some of the conditions that exacerbate RSIs? They don't tout this aspect of their furniture at all, but upon first seeing the Adjusta-Cart at Geek.com, it just seemed to fit the bill in terms of what I'd like to be able to do to obviate a flare up of pain: change positions frequently.

I'm going to take this to the boss and ask for a Christmas bonus :), but I'd hate to see us spend that kind of money. Yes, I know, professional office furniture is costly anyone, but I _still_ hate to spend that kind of money, especially since it's for my home/telecommuting office.

TIA,

Kelley

--
Kelley Walker
Organizational Researcher/Technical Writer

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: