RE: Job Market in the USA

Subject: RE: Job Market in the USA
From: "Lin Sims" <linda -dot- sims -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:43:18 -0400

IANAL, but my information is that the USA does NOT recognize
dual citizenship, although it does tolerate it. While you are not
required to declare citizenship in a single country, it is encouraged,
mostly to avoid possible problems with things like taxes and
military service.

On 14 Aug 2001, at 13:08, Marc A. Santacroce wrote:

> At 3:58 PM -0400 8/14/01, Brierley, Sean wrote:
> >Dual citizen of where? The USA?
> >
> >You are aware, that the USA does not recognize dual citizenship.
>

> It does now, has for at least 10 years. I elected NOT to get dual (I'm
> US), but my sister amd mother are dual French US.
>
> Marc

Lin

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.