RE: Job Market - Same or Worse Than Before DotCom Mania?

Subject: RE: Job Market - Same or Worse Than Before DotCom Mania?
From: Roger Bell <RBell -at- OptioSoftware -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:11:14 -0400

And I suspect you may be right Bruce. While there have been many layoffs in
the technology industries in the US, I remember having a four-month job
search for a position in 1999 after I was laid off. Of course, I was in a
different market (SC) then too and have since moved to Atlanta. My office
mate just moved to another company and had no problem finding a job here.

Regards,
Roger Bell
Senior Technical Writer
Optio Software, Inc.
www.optiosoftware.com
"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an
optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties." ~ Harry Truman