Resized screen shot graphics in Frame 6.5 for PC

Subject: Resized screen shot graphics in Frame 6.5 for PC
From: "Anne Houghton" <anne_m_houghton -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:05:53 +0000

Hello Frameusers! I am a relatively new Frameuser, although not new to desktop publishing. I'm having difficulty retaining resolution as I bring in screen shots from a program my company is developing into Frame (for PC). The resolution is fine, as long as I leave it at full page size. Once I reduce it in either my capture programs or Frame, I lose a significant amount of resolution. How can I bring resized (smaller) screen shots into Frame and retain my resolution? I have both Capture Pro and Snag-it, as well as Illustrator 9 and Photoshop 6. I've reset my printer to a postscript printer, level 2, optimized for quality. I've tried every Frame importing and pasting option I know and haven't had any luck. What am I doing wrong? I appreciate any advice!

I'm mainly interested in sharp screen resolution to eventually create pdfs. The screen shots I'm working with are in color and I'd like to retain the color in the .pdf.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Anne

A landmark hotel, one of America's most beautiful cities, and three and a half days of immersion in the state of the art: