RE: Capturing Screens in Applications

Subject: RE: Capturing Screens in Applications
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:42:38 -0400

As you or whatever is running the program, SnagIt offers
at least two possible approaches.
One is timed captures. You can set it to capture what's
on your screen every second (or other time interval) and
to automatically name the captured files with sequential
numbers (no user action required).
Two is to perform a video capture. This gets everything.
If you need still images, you can go back through the
video later, pausing it and capturing stills.
Either approach will create overhead on your system
(video capture can use a lot of system resources).

I'll bet other capture utilities can do similar tricks.
You may already have one.

If you really need to 'automatically execute the software'
that takes a more sophisticated tool.

Jim Shaeffer (jims -at- spsi -dot- com)