RE: An honest usability engineer

Subject: RE: An honest usability engineer
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 10:33:32 -0500

I'll agree with that. Without content, you have nothing. Without an easy way to access the content, you *almost* have nothing. :-)

~~~~~
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc

>>> "Roy Jacobsen" <rjacobse -at- microsoft -dot- com> 08/08/01 10:35AM >>>
I think it's _almost_ a chicken-and-egg situation. You're right about
the "king locked in a tower" situation. Another way I've heard it
phrased is "If the user can't find the info, as far as they're
concerned, it doesn't exist." But the site/help/manual has to suck
pretty bad if it is completely unusable to even the most motivated
users. On the other hand, if the content is AWOL, then even the most
brilliantly usable site/help/manual won't bring them back.