RE: Looking for Job Titles

Subject: RE: Looking for Job Titles
From: "Ward, Curtis (DST-CLT)" <curtis_ward -at- dstinteractive -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 07:21:10 -0400

An anonymous poster wrote:

I have been offered a position at a software company where I would be the
sole technical writer. I would also have other responsibilities which fall
outside the realm of Tech Writing.

Here is a list of the main tasks:

1. Re-writing existing product docs, creating new docs for new
functions, creating printable, PDF and online (RoboHelp) versions of it
all.
2. Writing press releases and helping with website, ad and marketing doc
content
3. Proofreading
4. ISO documentation and management
5. Intranet site maintenance and development
6. Compilation of product function documentation for internal use

The company has described the job as "falling somewhere between Technical
Writing and Communications." I would really appreciate your ideas to help
me come up with a job title.
<<<<<<<

Sounds like a technical writer to me.
cw

Curtis Ward
DST Interactive
curtis_ward -at- dstinteractive -dot- com
"Technology is not the important thing, the effects of technology on people
is."
Harlan Ellison