RE: question about salary

Subject: RE: question about salary
From: Diane Evans <DianeE -at- LOCKSTREAM -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:00:49 -0700

Erin asks, "My question is, what kind of salary increase do you think is
fair in this situation?"

Let me see...you don't like the job, but want the money. You are going to
be asked to take on a full-timer's job (who I assume is earning quite a bit
more than you) along with continuing your own job.

Let me put some math to work:

If x = your current salary and 4x = the salary of the person you are
replacing, you need to ask for...uh..(carry the 1...) five times your
current salary!

My philosophy is to ask for the moon and settle for its reflection in the
pond in your back yard.

Diane Evans
Information Developer
Lockstream