RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:13:02 -0400

The poll is missing some crutial choices. How about:

Very interested, but would not follow it on my own./Very interested, but only
take a professional interest.

First, there are a lot of things that just can't be done outside the workplace.
Also, even if someone is very interested in their work technology and it can be
followed outside, it seems to be a little judgemental to say that you have to
take an outside interest to be very interested in something. Some people on the
list have multi-faceted lives. ;-)

To be correctly 'judged' by this poll do I have to take up membership in a
live-steamers club or hobby railroad club? Or document how to build model
trains? Hope not. Outside work I try to focus on things that are neither writing
or train based. I would say that I'm extremely interested in what I document at
work but I take no special care to learn about the railroad industry outside
work.

Eric L. Dunn