RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:22:33 -0400

> For those of you who are documenting something you are passionate about,
> do you feel you are more content in your job? Do you feel you are able
> to produce superior results because of your interest in the subject?

Definitely. If you're passionate about something, you naturally are drawn
into the nuts and bolts of whatever that thing is. You want to completely
understand it. Therefore you are able to describe and explain it better.

> For those of you who are documenting something that is of limited
> interest to you, would you prefer to document something you are very
> interested in?

Personally, I always try to work on projects I'm interested in. No matter
how much I love technical writing, if I can't get into what I'm writing
about, I get bored and apathetic.

> Would writing about something you are interested in make a hobby seem
> too much like work?

Sometimes. It's all fun and games until someone imposes a deadline. ;)

BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N
1881 Worcester Road