Acrobat named destinations for Help? discuss, please

Subject: Acrobat named destinations for Help? discuss, please
From: "Reynolds, Mary" <mreynolds -at- vignette -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:55:50 -0500

Has anyone used (or researched using) named destinations in Acrobat?
Apparently you can link an HTML page to a specific page in a PDF, using
pdfmark operators to name the destination in the PostScript file.

We are single-sourcing with Frame+SGML to XML to HTML for online help, as
well as providing a PDF of the user manual. I'm just curious--if the PDF
loads as quickly as the Help windows, why not skip the XML and HTML and just
open the PDF to the right page? Is anyone out there in techwr-land doing
this? Has anyone considered the pros and cons?

Please reply to the list and to me, as I get the digest and won't see your