RE: You Don't Need to Know How

Subject: RE: You Don't Need to Know How
From: "David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:06:13 -0500

This is an important distinction. I've written about some areas of cutting
edge research where NOBODY knows WHY it works. They're just hoping they
actually understand HOW it works.

In cases like the HOW is what matters, and usually all that readers expect
at first. Hopefully (but not always) the WHY will come later.

David Berg

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at