Re: [TECHWR-L] formatting suggestion

Subject: Re: [TECHWR-L] formatting suggestion
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:06:56 -0500

Ditto. I much prefer filters for the reason you give, Kathy, and because subject
lines can tend to be long and thus the actual subject can be truncated in my
list of messages.

The next bit I will say as tactfully as I can, tact not always being my long
suit. If I were a client awarding a large contract, I might be uncomfortable
with someone who couldn't or wouldn't find a way to segregate messages so as to
be able to spot high-priority messages right away. I have just recently learned
how to use filters, and it's SO easy now to spot the important messages, such as
the ones from my boss, and tend to the lists later.

Jo
--
Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer

If you can remain calm, you
just don't have all the facts.

Dia Blankenship wrote:

> I have a suggestion for this listserv...
>
> I've come close to missing a couple of very large contracts because I
> couldn't differentiate between potential clients' messages and those
> from
> this list. Now I love reading the messages from this list, but I need
> to be
> able to distinguish what comes from here easily.
>
> On my other listservs, they use a subject line format as displayed
> above:
> [listserv name] subject

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at