Re: Lying About Salary

Subject: Re: Lying About Salary
From: randall -dot- larson-maynard -at- powerconv -dot- alstom -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:18:09 -0700

SNIP>
So, has anyone here ever lied about their salary? What are the ramifications of
doing so, aside from being unethical? Can this come back to bite you? Would
you be honest and accept a figure that keeps you at a much lower salary than
you're used to, simply because it's based on what you just made at your
current/previous job?
SNIP>

No. The ramifications for me would be having to live with myself day-to-day
knowing I was a liar. Is there anything other than being ethical? That's what
comes back to "Bite" me. I think the key here is: what is your responsibility
in taking this job? I would not take the job if I had to live in the lie.

I don't think this is techwr-l subject. Can you explain to me why it is for you?
This sounds like "jobwr-l" question :-}.

Randall Larson-Maynard
Technical Writer
Alstom Schilling Robotics
Davis, CA, USA
randall -dot- larson-maynard -at- powerconv -dot- alstom -dot- com
http://www.schilling.com

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.