Re: Salary - It's Easy

Subject: Re: Salary - It's Easy
From: "Ward, Curtis (DST-CLT)" <curtis_ward -at- dstinteractive -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:38:32 -0400

Andrew Plato wrote:
<<<<<<<
Its not a lie, its a range. Lying is saying you made an exact number that
isn't true. This is just working inside grayness. Nothing wrong with that.
You may debate the SCALE of that grayness, but the principle still holds.

Not trying to be shrill here, but there's everything wrong with that. You
can justify it as being in the "gray" area all you want, but the practice
and the INTENT is to deceive. Saying "about" doesn't change that. $32,000
is not "about" $55,000. Its one thing to decline to answer, but quite
another to misrepresent the facts.

If I were a prospective employer and found out about this, I couldn't help
but wonder what else on the resume or stated in the interview is "working
inside grayness".

Enough .. its FRIDAY and I'm startin' to sound pretty cranky. Have a good
weekend folks.

Curtis Ward
DST Interactive
curtis_ward -at- dstinteractive -dot- com
"Technology is not the important thing, the effects of technology on people
is."
Harlan Ellison