RE: Salary issues ( a twist)

Subject: RE: Salary issues ( a twist)
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:28:39 -0700

> Eric wrote:
> Your financial situation is none of their business

Have you managed to avoid disclosing your salary when interviewing? And
managed to do so without torpedoing the interview?

I'd love to know how.

Despite all the advice I've read in all the job-hunting books, I've never
been able to wriggle my way around that question, even when I employ the
techniques so glibly suggested in those books. I usually get asked this
question during a preliminary interview, when some HR type is screening
me. They make it seem like the interview will grind to a halt if I don't
answer...

Got any tips/techniques you'd be willing to share?

- Keith Cronin

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?