Re: another newbie/tight market question

Subject: Re: another newbie/tight market question
From: "Barnett, Eva" <Eva -dot- Barnett -at- aketontechnologies -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 12:34:27 -0700

Betsy,
One thing you might consider. If you will be working in the role of an
intern, the low wage may be compensated by guidance and mentorship from
experienced writers and businesspeople. Of course, only you will be able
to judge from the interview whether this kind of guidance will be
available, if it is, it may be quite valuable to you.
While I was still in college, I did an internship for $12/hour. Even
though there were no tech writers at the company, (and as a young
dot-com, the company was marked by much bumbling around,) I did get
invaluable guidance and mentorship from the VP of Development.
Just a thought.
Good luck with your job search!
Eva Barnett