Re: For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?

Subject: Re: For those who hire... what makes a resume stand out?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:12:23 -0700

Andrew Plato wrote:

Yes, its a real problem Joyce. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy. Companies
get burned by bad writers, so they get real stingy about who they will
hire.

The plus side of this situation is that, if you can deliver decent results on time, it gets easier and easier to find contract work. Without the bad writers, I'd probably have a much harder time finding employment.

I'm very grateful, and so is my accountant :-)

Prince, I can hear the trumpet of Germinal,
The tumbrils toiling up the terrible way;
Even to-day your royal head may fall,
I think I will not hang myself to-day.
-G. K. Chesterton, "A Ballade of Suicide"