RE: Frame vs. Word

Subject: RE: Frame vs. Word
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:26:28 -0700

Bill Swallow enlightened us with:

:: Rather than which software is better, you might want to ponder which
:: software is more appropriate.

Oh come now! Since when has this ever been an intelligent approach to
choosing a documentation tool to use? Jeez! Haven't we learned through
the
many tool wars on this list that it's not what you need, but rather
which
product has the most bells, whistles, and the loudest advocates? I mean,
what would this world come to if we all started measuring our needs and
making informed decisions based on those specific needs?

;)

It is sad that WordPerfect didn't have the marketing talent/budget to
beat out the 500 pound gorillas from Redmond and Santa Clara. In many
ways it is a superior product.

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.