PDF and Word graphics problem

Subject: PDF and Word graphics problem
From: maryanns -at- kinkos -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:40:55

When I pdf a Word 97 doc using the Create Adobe PDF option on the File
menu, the graphics that I saved as gifs in Photoshop and linked to the file
overlap text. The graphics that I saved in MS Paint as bmps and converted
to gifs with PaintShop Pro (and linked to the file) behave. In addition to
these 2 kinds of graphics, I inherited this doc and the previous author
pasted in many graphics. Yes, the file is bloated, even with linked
graphics.
I'm using Acrobat Distiller 4.0 on Windows NT with 256 MB RAM.
When I drag the Word file into Distiller, it fails, I suppose because of
the linked graphics. When I print to Distiller, the pasted graphics are
fine, but only a few of the linked graphics are there.
Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
Maryann