TOOLS: Word 2000, menus and toolbars missing

Subject: TOOLS: Word 2000, menus and toolbars missing
From: "Kathy Frost" <kfrost -at- austin -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:21:45 -0500

Recently my PC hiccupped. I wasn't even touching the mouse but it was as if
I had clicked a dozen times, menus and applications opened and closed,
changed size...weird.

When I tried to change back to Word 2000, it had only the title bar across
the top and the status bar at the bottom. The menus were gone along with
the toolbars.

I've tried all sorts of key sequences with no luck. I finally tried the
Word repair mode on the main CD (didn't work), then had to uninstall Office
2000 and install it again. I still have the same problem. No menus or
toolbars.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get the menus and toolbars back?

Please email me privately. KFrost -at- Austin -dot- RR -dot- Com

Kathy Frost
Austin, TX