PDF batch processing

Subject: PDF batch processing
From: "Lisa Bronson" <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:45:06 -0500

Hello everyone,

Two of my co-writers have thousands of files in Interleaf format that need
to be converted to PDF. We no longer have access to Interleaf's customer
support (if it exists at all), so information is difficult to find. That's
why I'm turning to you and your wealth of knowledge and experience. :-)

We want to convert the files on a one-to-one basis: each individual
Interleaf file will produce an individual PDF file.

Does anyone know how to do this as a batch process, or even where to begin?
I'm just now beginning to learn some programming (C++ this semester, C++
and Visual Basic in the fall), but I don't know how to approach this.

(Also, if anyone knows how to do this using FrameMaker instead of
Interleaf, that information will be useful to us down the road. We are in
the process of converting everything from Interleaf to Frame.)

Thanks so much!

Lisa Bronson
Associate Technical Writer
Evergreen Packaging Equipment