Re: Visio 2002 Professional or Standard

Subject: Re: Visio 2002 Professional or Standard
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 15:56:45 -0400

John Posada wrote:

> Hi, guys...I may be getting involved in a project that will require
> me purchasing Visio.
>
> When I went to the Microsoft site, I saw they have two versions;
> standard and profssional.
>
> This question is directed to those who know the difference between
> the two, from the standpoint of creating business process
> documentation, can anyone tell me the difference between the two
> (besides a couple of hundred dollars)? If I need to spend $450, I
> will, but not if I can spend under $200 and get what I need.
>
> Thanks

John, MS will send you a 30 day evaluation version of Visio, Prof. and
Std. You can then decide which is more appropriate for your project. You
may find that you need the enterprise network add in. If applicable, I
would seriously consider using Visio 2000, so that you do not have to
deal with the activation PITA.
A ton of information about Visio is available at:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/

--
Peter
Mailto:peternew -at- optonline -dot- net

Adapting old programs to fit new machines
usually means adapting new machines to
behave like old ones.