Re: Registered vs. Trademark

Subject: Re: Registered vs. Trademark
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:37:08 -0600

Here's my understanding...

Registered means you have gone through the legal red tape to have
the trademark registered for your use. A trademark is used just to
say "I claim first rights to this fancy name".

If your trademark is registered, no one else can legally use it. If it is
just trademarked, someone else could come in and try to register
it. You can stop them by being able to prove first use and then
registering it yourself.

Dana W.