RE: What duz AE in italics mean?

Subject: RE: What duz AE in italics mean?
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 20:14:24 -0700

I'm afraid the Null-A symbol is an A with a bar over it. Alfred Elton Van Vogt is the late science fiction author whose work includes "The World of Null A" stories and novels. A.E. is his initials, not the single character much used in Anglo-Saxon aka Old English, or the null-A symboil.

If you open the cited page, you can see the symbol which the quote you found refers to. Thanks for turning me on to this page though. :)

Maggie Secara

From: "Diane Evans" <dianee -at- lockstream -dot- com>

I don't know if this is it, but I found this quote on www.google.com. (The
link did not work.)

Welcome to Roger Russell's AE Van Vogt Page. This symbol, or Null-A, means
non-Aristotelian,
or a multivalued logic (all shades of gray). In comparison ...